HDMI input changing turns off xboxs

After getting a new TV and hooking up all of my consoles, switching hdmi inputs between them cuts the power on all of them and they turn off. I have no idea why and it's a fairly annoying problem as i have a pc connected to the tv as well and by changing inputs to the pc my xbox/xbox's turns off.

Another thing i'd like to ask is if there's a way to see what game's a trial and which game is an unplayed full game from in the a games library without having to go to go to the info screen to find it out it's a real pain, and can i remove tabs of the dashboard that i'm not going to use ever (Bing, apps and video/music marketplace) i only use my xbox's for gaming and speaking to friends.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:
Hey there Terre! Regarding your first point, I just want to clarify that you are attempting to leave the console on while switching to a different input on your TV, is that correct? Does this only happen when you use HDMI, or when using any connection? 

Regarding your game library, you can sort between demos and full games in the My Games list by selecting the green "Show" button above the titles. You have a few options here. However, finding games you have not played is not an option here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Mister Gwyther"]

Hey there Terre! Regarding your first point, I just want to clarify that you are attempting to leave the console on while switching to a different input on your TV, is that correct? Does this only happen when you use HDMI, or when using any connection? 

Regarding your game library, you can sort between demos and full games in the My Games list by selecting the green "Show" button above the titles. You have a few options here. However, finding games you have not played is not an option here.

[/quote]

only using HDMI output, all consoles are in via hdmi, changing input shuts them off if they're on

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the response. Yes, this is not uncommon behavior with HDMI connections, as switching inputs can break the HDCP handshake with the console. It's kind of in the same vein as the console not actually turning on if the TV isn't set to the corresponding input. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you. Please let me know if there is any other questions I could answer for you. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.