hdmi help and 4gig

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you wanted to split the audio and video up. I'm asking if the hdmi cable comes with the small audio cable so I can use pc speakers for sound and the hdmi cable for picture.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

it would help if you posted a question or what you want help on to get the best results .

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry about that, I've been having problems posting here for some reason. I'm asking about the new hdmi cable if it comes with the audio cable some say that it does (bestbuy) or some don't even mention it at all (xbox). Also on the new 4gig how much room do you actually get? I've read that it comes with less then that.

Sorry this didn't help.

if you get a 4 gig model and have nothing on it you get 3.2 gigs.  not sure what you are asking about the HDMI cable as they supply both picture and audio.  if you want to save some $$$ go to www.monoprice.com or www.amazon.com.  I got 3 or 4 of them from monoprice and they all work great MUCH cheaper than any cables you will buy in store or from MS.  and all HDMI supply digital audio so you only need an audio cable if you want to run the 360 to a surround sound that does not have HDMI switching (with most older ones do not).  I have my 360 4 gig hooked up to TV via HDMI and hooked up to my 5 year old Pioneer AV unit via optical cable (also can be bought mad cheap at monoprice too!).

Sorry this didn't help.

So I'm guessing that the new MS HDMI cable doesn't come with the other cable.

Sorry this didn't help.

if you get the old bundle that came with a MS HDMI cable and the audio dongle that plugs into the AV jack you can run that to your PC via a Y cable that has male RCA plugs on one and and a 1/8" headphone plug on the other.  you plug the Y cable into the dongle which is plugged into the 360.  then you plug the other end of the cable the one that looks like a headphone plug into the LINE IN jack on your sound card on the back of your PC.  

you are looking for a Y cable like this:  [View:http://i54.tinypic.com/2qi8i8y.gif]

GOOD LUCK!

Sorry this didn't help.

dunno, I have not seen the MS brand 360 cable in stores in a long time, but the adapter is crazy cheap, just type '360 optical' on ebay the one you are looking for looks like this:

[View:http://i54.tinypic.com/117bb82.jpg]

some listings for it even have the HDMI cable with it but it is not a MS brand cable but nothing wrong with 'generic' HDMI cables I have 3 or 4 of them hooked up to my 360, PS3, and 2 DVR boxes .

Sorry this didn't help.