HDMI Cutting Out?

One night, I decided I'd play some MW3 so I fired it up, popped the disc in and the picture blanked out real quick on the "Xbox 360" intro screen and came back on and I thought "Hmm, that was odd.." as it had displayed on my tv the resolution, framerate and output type as it would when I first turn it on or switch between any of the output types. (24" LEDTV Westinghouse) I continued on as usual playing the game and it kept doing the thing where it cuts out. It eventually started doing it more and more frequently and now you cannot even get on without just using the basic A/V Output cables. I did the process of elimination, ruling out it wasn't the hdmi cable because my PC and PS3 hook up and display with NO problems. Its kind of disapointng because I got this xbox back in September... It isn't that far away and its already having issues. I've had my PS3 since Christmas 2009 with still no problems to date. The Xbox is my choice of the two though, much better Network and some better features. I play both equally though. So anyways, is there anything I can do, without making my warrenty void? Or do I just send'er'in?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

Clean out the HDMI port on the back of the console with possibly a can of pressurized air if you have it available to you. Have you tried to go into your HDMI settings on console, its possible that they are set to 1080p and maybe your tv is only 1080i, I would try that first, drop them down one setting and see if that works...if your able to see a screen at all at this point. If not, do you have another tv available that you can hook up console to just in order to change the settings?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I actually managed to fix it last night... but hadn't tried it until today. I placed my knife in the hdmi port and made sure all of the connector plates were completely flat in the plastic holder in the middle. Its worked since then, thank you for the reply though!

Sorry this didn't help.

And now it decides to do it again, but now it does it every 3 seconds after it comes back on. Extremely frustrated with this problem.

Sorry this didn't help.