HDMI-CEC support coming?

So far, I've had no problems with my XB1 but a feature it seems to lack is support for HDMI-CEC, which I'd thought was supposed to be a feature.  According to Anandtech, though, the XB1 currently only uses the IR sensor in the Kinect to control the TV and other devices.  In my setup, the TV is behind and above the Kinect and is at an angle that this doesn't work. Moreover, the TV's IR port is off to one side and since it's a 60" TV, it's going to be hard to align.  My Playstation 4 has HDMI-CEC and works wonderfully, turning on the TV, automatically switching inputs, and turning the TV off when the unit is powered down.  Is there any ETA on when/if HDMI-CEC will be implemented?  Will the hardware even support it?

Since I have several devices, including a TIVO Mini, hooked up, this support is actually critical to making the XB1 the center of my entertainment system as promised.  I haven't seen any info out of Microsoft on this issue so far.

Question Info

Last updated October 18, 2018 Views 877 Applies to:

I had an hdmi-CEC issue like this. My xbox did not change input to right one on my new samsung Tv. But it did on my old panasonic.

Xbox Hdmi-cee = pre-historic

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox has created a new feedback.xbox.com site that allows users to post ideas and is voting based. Top voted posts move to the top and are supposedly addressed sooner. I've posted a new "Idea" to Add HDMI-CEC Support to Xbox One; please go here and vote for it! xbox.uservoice.com/.../6033181-add-hdmi-cec-support-to-xbox-one

Sorry this didn't help.

I've created a new thread in the 'Console Feedback' section to Add HDMI-CEC Support to Xbox One; here's the link: forums.xbox.com/.../4600421.aspx

Hopefully if it gets some activity it may actually be noticed.

Sorry this didn't help.

right now the xbox one supports hdmi-cec passthrough (i have hooked up a raspberry pi running xbmc to the hdmi-in on xbox one) - it is a bit spotty as in when i stop watching a move/tv show the controls don't seem to work for a good 20 seconds, than it works like normal.

Sorry this didn't help.