Hdmi cable question ?

Whats the difrence between the xbox one 4k hdmi cable & the monster isf 2000hd hyper speed hdmi cable ? Why is this hdmi cable £120 so why is this so dear for a hdmi cable i fourt thay was all the same :/ ?

Discussion Info

Last updated August 20, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Because it has "Monster" attached to it. Your paying for a name.

-

Monster brand is over-hyped.

All current high-Speed HDMI cables are HDMI 2.0 3D/4K compliant.

Monster cable made it's name in the analog days when cable quality varied greatly (But they still overcharged back then).

@ OP

This is like, the third HDMI question you've posted... I'm pretty sure that a lot of people (myself included) gave you a definitive answer the last two times.

Just use the one supplied with the XO... There's absolutely no need to go out and spend extra coin on another cable that will do EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

But, if you have money to tear up...

OP

I've you want to buy solid silver core RCA(Composite/Component) or S-Video cables, go for it if you have the money.

HDMI is DIGITAL, so the analog strength of a said cable is a moot point. It either works for it's desired application or it doesn't.

It's a fairly good question, but we don't know much about the Xbox Ones cable at this point, just that it's "4K rated".

On the Unboxing Xbox One video with MajorNelson source: http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-unboxing

it states: "When we say 4K HDMI cable, we mean it. The HDMI cable we’re including is an actual Category 2 HDMI cable, rated for 1080P, 3D and 4K, according to the HDMI 1.4 spec."

HDMI 1.4 Spec: http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/index.aspx

The Monster ISF 2000hd you are talking about boasts:

• Hyper Speed, 21 Gbps, brings out the best in your components
  • HDMI performance indicator tells you signal resolution
  • 24k Gold Contacts
But the 4k cable that comes with the Xbox One basically meets the following requirements (yes the cable you listed below has these too).
  • HDMI Ethernet Channel – Adds high-speed networking to an HDMI link, allowing users to take full advantage of their IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
  • Audio Return Channel – Allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
  • 3D – Defines input/output protocols for major 3D video formats, paving the way for true 3D gaming and 3D home theater applications.
  • 4K Support – Enables video resolutions far beyond 1080p, supporting next-generation displays that will rival the Digital Cinema systems used in many commercial movie theatres.
  • Content Type – Real-time signaling of content types between display and source devices, enabling a TV to optimize picture settings based on content type 
  • Additional Color Spaces – Adds support for additional color models used in digital photography and computer graphics.
  • HDMI Micro Connector – A new, smaller connector for phones and other portable devices, supporting video resolutions up to 1080p.
  • Automotive Connection System – New cables and connectors for automotive video systems, designed to meet the unique demands of the motoring environment while delivering true HD quality.

So in short, the data-rates of the monster cable 21Gbps, and the 24k gold contacts those are the differences between that and the 4k rated cable of the Xbox One cable.

I also looked at cheap HDMI 4k capable cables, they are 24k gold, and 10.2Gbps so not that much different.

[quote user="BooBooYNWA"]Whats the difrence between the xbox one 4k hdmi cable & the monster isf 2000hd hyper speed hdmi cable ?[/quote]Nothing.[quote]Why is this hdmi cable £120[/quote]A fool and his money...

The gold contacts make absolutely zero difference for a HDMI cable. Don't waste your money on an overpriced cable. The standard cable in the box will be fine.

Dark thank you for your info :)