HDMI Cable problem with Xbox 360...

Aight so I am new to these forums, first post so i am not exactlysure of where this topic goes but it fit the forum name/ support so Im trying here first, move this if neccesary thanks, 

Ok so Iv been playing games on my HDTV ( LG 32LS3450 to be exact)  for some time now with my "Slim" Xbox 360 version for some time now. Im into mainly sports & FPS type games but like any good game etc. I recently purchased a HDMI cable because I realized that my console has a HDMI port & also my TV does as well. So I grew tired of playing games in 720p resolution, knowing I could upgrade in picture quality & really start enjoying my 360, also my TV..

Today I connected the new HDMI cable to my console into the matching port on the TV. Went through the steps of configuring the new resolution via google searches an a guide here on this site also. At first I set the HDMI display settings to auto which went to 1366 x 768p automatically, set 'Reference levels' to extended as it said would be best for HDTV's etc.. Of course the picture on my TV looked many times better so I loaded one of my fav games, NBA 2k12, waiting in anticipation to enjoy the mega difference. The loading them played, then the starting screen did, in the optimal 1366x768 my Tv puts out. Then when the main game menu appeared the screen was SPLIT IN 2 PLACES vertically?! I went back to Xbox home, noticed that the game allows only for 1080p HD max resolution. So I did it all over again switching it back to 1080p, this time put 'Reference levels' to standard just in case. & STILL ended up doing the same thing at the main game menu. Visually, the resolution looks amazing but its SPLIT INTO 2 screens again :(  Frustrated, confused n dissapointed, I looked up my TV & it says it does support 1080p for games (well damn the max reso is 1366x768)

So I gave up, put the regular componet A/V  cables back, currently leaving it at 720p :( So, Decided to get some help, google searches yielding nothing. So now I'm here, searching for support, in xbox support lol.. What could be wrong guys ? 

Is it my HDTV bugged?The brand new HDMI cables messed up? I ensured everythign was plugged in correctly both ways.. Can't be my Xbox cuz its one of the newer 'Slim' versions that has the HDMI port on it right ?  Please! Any kind of insight, help is appreciated!
Here are the links to both my TV & the HDMI cable I just bought;

TV-  http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-32LS3450-led-tv/technical-specifications

HDMI cable- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003LNUZ5I/ref=pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi there.  Sorry to here you're having problems

In generally, a screen problem like this is a very good sign your setting the output beyond what the TV can handle.  That's what's happening here; if you look up that TV you will find it does not support 1080p.  The ability to it to support 1:1 pixel scaling for 1080p is just misleading and shouldn't be there; the physical resolution of the TV is less then 1080p.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.