HDMI cable not working

Okay so yesterday i unplugged my xbox and tv along with all the cables to mount my tv on the wall, plugged everything back in and i have no display or sound on my tv.

I've been reading the thread MSBunick posted last year with no luck to a solution.

The cables are plugged in correctly and the tv is on the right input. The hdmi cable is fine (i plugged in my laptop). but i get nothing with the 360. I've been through the settings on the tv (Emerson) but there's nothing really pertaining to the hdmi input. unplugged everything, turned them on in various orders and tried everything the other threads said to do.

Has anyone found a fix to this problem, it's getting extremely frustrating and i don't want to send in my xbox for a repair because i don't see how anything could be broken, it has to be a settings issue but i have no display to try and navigate

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 46 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Guess you might have already tried this if you've gone through the troubleshooter, but it's worth a try to reset the display settings on your xbox. Do this by pressing and holding Y while pulling the right trigger, as the xbox is starting up. The xbox should then be back to factory settings, and should reboot. Hope you get it sorted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i just did that a few minutes ago, the lights on the controller flashed until i let go (15 seconds or so is what i read) but no reboot or display

Sorry this didn't help.

did u run the laptop thru the tv? could it be internal damage to the tvs hdmi board? having mounted hundreds of tvs myself ive seen what can happen when homeowners use incorrect screw sizes. thats in no way a slight to u. let me know if ive helped or can further assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I did, i used the same hdmi cable I use with my xbox in the same port on the tv and it worked just fine. I just tried plugging the 360 into another tv and still got nothing. It works fine with the rca cables so I guess I'll use those until someone discovers a fix. It's just so frustrating and I can't come up with an explanation for it

Sorry this didn't help.

And for your question about the hdmi board, although I used a universal tv mount, the screws are correct and it's mounted properly. But I do umderstand why you ask lol. I'm sure it's pretty common that people unknowingly screw up their tvs by forcing screws and being careless.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sure I am repeating possible solutions that you have already tried.  I list some suggestions from other users:

------------------------------------

1. Connect your 360 to your TV with the included composite (Yellow, Red, White) cable .

2. Ensure you're running the new Xbox dashboard (Avatars support).

3. Ensure no profile auto-sign's in at boot up.

4. Power off 360 and TV. Connect the HDMI cable between them.

5. Hold down the controller's xBox button for 3 seconds to power on, and wait for about 20 seconds.

6. Press right on the (dpad) left analog stick 9 times, to navigate to the System Settings menu.

7. Press the A button 4 times. (This will go to System Settings, Console Settings, Display, HDTV settings.)

8. Press up twice on the (dpad) left analog stick. Press A.

9. If no picture appears, wait 15 seconds, Press up again and press A. What you are doing is selecting lower display resolutions. Once you have a picture, you can try other higher resolutions, if you want, and it will revert back if you don't confirm it is ok. The 360 will remember the setting you finalize.

Troubleshooting: Power off both 360 and TV. Switch back to the composite cable. Try steps 1-7 again to verify it is navigating correctly. If your profile is auto-logging in, the 360 will start on the “Welcome” tab, rather than the “Play Disc” tab, in which case, you would have to press up once, before the 9 rights, to get to the System Menu. (The end.)

---------------------------------

if connected via receiver - unplug HDMI cable from receiver and plug it directly into TV.

If that works, you can try to run cable > receiver > TCV again.

If not connected via receiver, try that.

---------------------------------

On XBox disable Display Discovery in the System Settings

------------------------------------

Remove harddrive.  Replace hardrive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Time for a new xbox or send it in for repair. Sounds like you've tried everything

Sorry this didn't help.

to start the repair process visit this link support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.

Just had this problem and wanted to say how I corrected it.  I think you mentioned that you had already did this, but while everything was on and connected I unplugged the main power cord from the xbox itself. Plugged it back in and powered on.  Worked for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you know if it's possible that could damage anything? You know, by not shutting down properly.

Sorry this didn't help.