HDMI Cable and Audio adapter

Hello, I have my 250gb Xbox 360 slim set up on my computer monitor, so I have no sound. I purchased one of the audio adapters (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P35JMO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=05F69WW4MKH3SVSNZFFB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846) to connect my Turtle Beach headset to my Xbox. Unfortunately, every time I plug in both the audio adapter and the HDMI cables, my Xbox does not appear on the screen. I'm using the Energizer HDMI cable (Walmart lulz) if this makes any difference.

Does anyone know how I can get my Xbox to appear on the screen with both cables plugged in? I have tried taking the shell of the audio adapter off, but that did not work either.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I am having the same poblem as well. All I do is switch the HDMI input source on the TV a couple of times so that it picks up the XBOX being connected. It's a pain I know but is the only way I have found it to work

It's a problem with those cheap audio adapters. They try to pull video as well as audio, and the 360 seems to prioritize analog video over hdmi first. I've heard of people modifying them to not do this, but I'm not sure how. I've also heard the official MS ones do not have this problem.

Yeah the third party ones are well known to have the pins incorrectly jumped which tells the 360 it is a VGA, Component, or Composite video cable and thus disables the HDMI. Very easy to open them up and correctly solder the wire to the right pin. Tons of tutorials and diagrams. Only paid $3 total for one when I needed it but had to fix and has worked great since.

Only guarantee is to pick up an official or close third party brand adapter from a local retail if you need to exchange or get a refund.

i am having the same problem, except it happened with a madcatz one and the same one you bought from amazon, does anyone know where i can find a soldering tutorial?

I ended up buying a used original xbox adaqptor from ebay. Worked a treat