HDMI Aspect Ratio

Hi,

Hope you can help me find out where I am going wrong here.

I have an XBOX 360 Elite that I have linked up to a projector using the HDMI output.

I have a 16:9 screen that I project onto and this has worked fine when using an original XBOX with a video signal.

With the HDMI it looks like a 4:3 aspect ratio is being projected  and is therefore overlapping the top and bottom of my screen.

I have checked the settings on the projector and they appear all to be set for 16:9 so I'm wondering if there is anything on the XBOX 360 HDMI that could be causing it.

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Whatever the solution to your issue is going to be, I would bet that it is going to be in System Settings | console settings | display.

I would first of all make sure that the HDMI settings automatically appear in here. Assuming they do, check your screen format and make sure the aspect ratio is correct.

I would then check the 'Display Discovery' option ... make sure that you change it to 'enabled', then restart your console. This will allow the 360 console to automatically detect the settings that your display device currently has.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.