HDMI & Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable connections

I have the Xbox 360 Slim and this might sound utterly stupid, but is there a reason why I cannot connect both of the above cables?

The connections are there, but the ends of the cables do not give enough room to connect them both.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My scenario -

I have the 360 connected to a monitor via the HDMI and everything works just fine, audio and video.  The problem I have is that I have been recording my gaming sessions and I use an microphone that is mounted and it will pick up the gaming sound in addition to my game capturing software and some times I run into sync issues.

My solution, was to connect the Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable and use the analog audio to a head set and lower the volume on the monitor.

However; doe to the bulk size of the Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable, I cannot get both cables connected.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Hey GamersCircle360! As the Xbox 360 cannot output for two different cables, the AV port and HDMI port are spaced close together to prevent you from plugging in both an AV lead and a HDMI lead. In order to get Red/White phono audio while using HDMI you will need to get a Xbox 360 RCA Audio Cable such as this one: www.amazon.com/.../ref=pd_cp_vg_h__3

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.