HDD transfer trouble

ok so i bought my 250 gb slim xbox today and i have a transfer cable, trouble is i don't think it's the microsoft transfer cable. I plug it in but the xbox only registers it as a USB device and prompts me to delete the data on my HDD to configure it to my console. What should i do? Would buying a microsoft transfer cable solve this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Do not use that cable.  If you reconfigure your hard drive.  Third party cable errors are not supported by Xbox.

You can either get yourself a new transfer cable or do like I did.  Move your needed files onto a usb stick and transfer them to the new box and then just go to your download history to download any DLC you may have.

Also, don't forget to do a license transfer of your account.  You will eventually need to recover your account onto the new xbox to complete the license transfer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Either buy the official MS transfer cable or do this OP.

If your other console still works this is an option.
Move your profile and game saves onto a configured USB flash drive. (then transfer that to your 250GB HDD on the slim).

Then use your download history to re download everything else onto your new console.

Transferring content between consoles.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.