HDD transfer from slim to slim

Right now I have a xbox 360 slim 250Gb hdd. I plan on buying the Gears 3 320GB HDD console in September. I already have a transfer kit, becuase I transferred from my previous 120gb  hdd to my 250 slim now. My questions is how does this work going from a slim console to another slim console. Before I hooked up the cable to my new slim and the other end to my old HDD. But with 2 slims, my old HDD is inside my slim console. Just a little confused on how to do a transfer from a slim console to another slim because of the internal HDD. Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There's no current transfer cable to go from one 360S HDD to another. You'd have to use a formatted USB stick (up to 16 GB) to transfer items. That's not as bad as it sounds, because you can't transfer game disc images installed to HDD, and for large items like Games on Demand and what-not you'll probably want to re-download after a License Transfer so I'd worry about copying those last, if at all. Just concentrate on saved games and other "little" stuff.

Maybe Microsoft will announce a new transfer cable by then, though. If a console is going to have the larger, 320 GB HDD, it's quite possible they'll have the larger size available as an accessory at some point, too, and lots more 360S owners might be interested.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.