HDD issues

Hi guys today I picked up CoD Ghosts. I installed the 3gb for campaign and then installed the play disc as I normally do. About an hour into playing the multiplayer it froze mid game :(. Anyway I deleted the install and it ran smoothly all day (PS. Before it froze and I uninstalled it I noticed a lot of frame issues and lag. Ex. Gun sounded like it was stuttering). Is this a sign of HDD failure or is it just because it is reading the campaign install data and the play disc install at the same time, I remember hearing issues with GTA V similar to this so I didn't install it. I am sort of worried because I don't want to get a new HDD (Also games like MW3, Bo1, MW2, WaW, BF3, Borderlands 2, and Bo2 all run fine installed). Just for the sake of discussion it is a newer type 320gb HDD and about a year ago it fell about 6 inches onto a carpet. Please answer back, thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey right on! Glad to hear it's fixed! :D

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey I found a fix, all I did was move the campaign install to my 3.2 gb left on my console from 2 years ago( I have the 4 gb xbox) and installed the game again to my HDD and bam it ran smooth and didn't freeze :D

Sorry this didn't help.

It's definitely worth a shot, BERRETTA. Delete the optional install to see if the game runs better. If not, try Photon's suggestion of clearing the cache, then restart your console and try playing again.

Let us know the results. =) If either of those don't work then we can try something else.

Sorry this didn't help.

No I haven't, do you think I should uninstall the campaign disc because I was thinking that maybe it was reading both of the installs at once and it froze because of that.

Sorry this didn't help.

If the HD has run this long after dropping, then it probably didn't affect it.  Have you tried clearing the system cache and then reinstalling?

Sorry this didn't help.