HDD causing my Xbox to be slow.

1. I haven't played XBOX in a while to I turned my xbox on. IT asked me todo a system update. So i accepted and let it download. The update finished and i was on the dashboard.

2. My xbox went atleast 70% slower, I couldnt load anything, and when I played black ops my game froze or games would take FOREVER too load. \

3. When I turned my console on it would stay on the XBOX 360 screen for like 1 minute.

4. I formatted my hard drive & cleared cache... nothing has worked all because of an update that Microsoft released....

what do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello, how do you know your hard drive is causing your XBOX 360 to run slower, have you actually taken your hard drive off of your XBOX 360 and turned it on to see if it's actually running faster without it. If this is the case contact XBOX Support and try to a new hard drive sent to you, if you do not have a warranty it's cheaper to get a hard drive from a store like Gamestop or you can try eBay but be forewarned eBay actually has a lot of fake (not original XBOX 360 hard drives). Don't know why you think the update caused the XBOX 360 to go slower, it could just be normal wear and tear it could be the hard drive there's a bunch of different reasons but your XBOX 360 going slower because of an update is definitely not the case. Try another hard drive out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It ONLY happened right after i updated my xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Again, you said you hadn't touched it in more than a year, anything could happen to a console in a year without it being touched. Like I said normal wear and tear is totally possible, dust etc etc anything is possible. Suggestion stays the same try without a hard drive and see if it slows down, if to doesn't then get a new hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.