HD TV question.

So my dad was going to get me a HD TV.  I was wondering what's the difference between HD ready and Full-HD.  Googling it quickly said that HD ready is 720p and Full HD is 1080p.  Is there anything else to it?   And is there a notable difference when playing on Xbox on a HD ready vs Full HD?  I intend on getting a 32 inch TV, if size has any relevance to the question.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

it has 4 hdmi ports and 2 usb ports for external hdd's etc and i bought it for less than £400 does the job for what i want if for. 3D tv's make my eyes go funny.

[quote user="gooslaps goop"]

bought a 37 inch samsung LCD 1080p Tv about three months ago. I love it :)

[/quote]

That's the one I'm going for next to replace my main TV - currently using the 32" for XBox in another room. Glad to hear you rate it.

bought a 37 inch samsung LCD 1080p Tv about three months ago. I love it :)

I bought a 32" philips and its the best flatscreen i have ever had.

I had a sony and an LG prior to this one and they were both terrible.

I have an LG 32inch and its a wonderful television, would recommend them any day. Ive seen my model in asda under 300 quid too recently, Deffo worth it! Also id go for a 1080p if possible, it might come in useful for other things apart from xbox.

Nice looking Sony less than £300 smackers :)

As above, Full HD just means 1080p. For xbox 360 I wouldn't worry either way as most stuff is natively 720p anyway. If you have a budget to stick to then go for a good brand and get the best spec you can get for your money. The only time I would really say you NEED 1080p is if you use it for a PC monitor, otherwise it's good to have, but not the only factor in picture quality.

Yeh, my dad said he was looking at argos he has vouchers and got nectar points.  I'll keep checking prices online for deals.

Also check Tesco's, they have some good deals at the moment on well known brands.

There are some cheap deals around on 32" Samsung 1080p LCD's atm - Argos have some good prices and they're great screens for gaming.