HD Remakes?

Personally I think it`s a good idea for older titles to be given a full HD remake. No one seemed to complain when old vinyl was remastered and re-released on CD,  but what are your views?

And are there any old titles, from any console, that you would like to see given the full up to date HD treatment? Just imagine what `Ecco the Dolphin` could look like these days!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="LittleDragonz"]

I also think it's a good idea, but hope it doesn't effect new IP's coming to the market.

[/quote]

I agree 100%.  I

They dont really fuss me, 97% of the time i own them on the orginal format so if i wish to play them i do, plus for most part alot of the 'HD' remakes still tend to look rather last gen. The only real HD remake iv seen it Black Mesa (a mo project) and Halo CE.

So overall i suppose it's a alright idea for the new wave of gamers who are too snooty to play older titles but for me it isnt a issue.

Though the Team Ico pack was on my pre order list from day one even though i own both titles on the orginal format, but the two games are art so im happy to buy them again

Jet Set Willy Super Turbo HD Remix Legendary 32 Colour 3D Edition FTW.

I have absolutely no time for HD remakes.

Everytime i buy a older game i used to love, i find it hasn't stood up to the test of time.

Every moment developers are spending on remakes, they could be creating new games.

Every penny spent on the remakes, is money not being used to buy new games.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]It's a bad idea.  Shows the lack of imagination the game devs/publishers have these days.  

"So what game shall we release next?"

"How about we release a HD version of Zelda Ochina of Time boss?"

"Great idea Gerald!"

It's like those classic Hollywood movies from the 1960s and 70s which get remade for the modern audiences,. They're never as good as the original.[/quote]

This would be a good argument if OoT wasn't the finest game ever crafted. They should remake it every 6 months if they can make one minute of it any better.

Can't wait for Halo Combat Evolved HD remake!

Its a good idea.

To be able to have all old school faves in one place to play when you want.

Plus they get achievements which i always like to see what old games would of been like if they had them back then.

I would love the old Tomb Raiders to come to xbl . Already got my first wish of mgs2 though.

Personally i would love some games to get a HD remake. System Shock 2 being one, alot more people need to play that.

I think it's a great idea to make HD remakes of old games Bring on Halo Anniversary Edition! My only problem with the new HD remake is that the campaign will be there running on the old engine and gameplay. But only SOME of the maps for multiplayer will be available and they will be on REACH's engine I wanted all the Halo: CE maps to run on the CE engine on Xbox Live. I hope they change their minds. That's unlikely though

I also think it's a good idea, but hope it doesn't effect new IP's coming to the market.