HD-DVD drive help

Since the latest update for the 360, around Oct 26 i believe, i can not access my HD-DVD drive. I've gone to the my video apps where others users have found it, and it is not there. I know the drive worked before the update. I watched Training Day about a week before. Also, I can not find my driver disc that came with it. I don't know whether that matters or not now. Thanks for any help in advance!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

The driver disc isn't required as the driver and software are included with System updates.

Go to tv & movies, then My Video Apps. There should be a green tile with only the words HD DVD written on it in white.

If that's not there, make sure the drive has the power brick plugged in and the USB cable is properly seated on both the console and the drive. You may want to try another USB cable if the one included doesn't work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Any ideas what to do if it's just not showing up?

My console is recognizing my HD-DVD drive, as I can see by the fact that it appears under Storage, but that tile that's supposed to be under My Video Apps just doesn't appear.

I spoke to support and the guy was mystified as to why mine wasn't displaying.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Johnny!  It's likely not going to show up under apps.  What you need to do is enable auto-play for the device under system settings, then when you put in a HD-DVD it'll start up on its own!

Sorry this didn't help.