HD-DVD Access Suggestion

I've enjoyed the XB360 since the early days. And I do own and use an HD-DVD drive. However, it is frustrating, despite the formats failed status, that access to the device seems to be relegated to back hallways on the 360.  Auto-play works well enough, but it would be great to be able to Pin the drive. Or at least access it from the System Video Player (where Downloaded Videos, Current Disc, Portable Device, and various DLNA/UPnP servers show up) so I can load directly from the Xbox Button. 

Why bury it under Video apps? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You should make a post in the feedback forums to get your suggestion seen by the right people. forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, I've been given conflicting info about where to make this most visible.

Sorry this didn't help.

As you said, it's a failed format (which is a shame, it's technically superior to BluRay) and there hasn't been a movie released on it in probably 4 or 5 years.  Technology moves forwards.

Sorry this didn't help.

I own the HD DVD add on as well.  If Microsoft did make it easier to launch the drive, that would be great!  We'll see what comes of your suggestion!  Try to post it under the forum highlighted by x24hrs2livex.  I have a collection of over 50 HD DVD's and I really enjoy using the player myself.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

I recently tried to watch a HDDVD movie on the 360 player, I heard the disc spin for about 3 seconds then nothing happened. Has anyone else tried to use their player lately?

Thanks Lenny

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi I have been trying to play one of my HDDVD disc and not having any luck. The HD player shows up under my video apps and apps, the green light on the player is on, it opens to accept the disc closes then nothing. I hope that MS hasn't disabled the player on purpose as though the format did not succeed We did make the somewhat expensive investment into the player and the HD discs and will cost us money to replace the videos we purchased in HDDVD format. (for instance over $80 just for the planet earth disc!) Just because the format failed it doesn't mean that we were not using the products we paid for!

Sorry this didn't help.