HD covered on repair requests?

Recently on start-up, the Xbox will hang for approx 5 minutes at the white loading screen before finally loading into the dashboard. It hangs on loading maps in Black Ops as well. When I take out the hard drive the dashboard, etc load up fine, so it's clearly a hard drive issue. No other problems beyond this. What I'm curious on, before I possibly waste time trying to file, is whether the repair requests will allow repair/replacement of just the hard drive itself? Just from glancing over it, it appears to be just console only (as it tells you to remove the hard drive, etc). Am I missing something here, or would you just file it under "other"? Hoping we're not basically just boned if our hard drives are out of wack. Any insight would be helpful. :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Go to the Memory Tab on your console and clear the cache. Then see if it still acts slow.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

if it was purchased with the console itself and within the 1 year warranty period from date of purchase

i'd go thru the troubleshooting

console freezing

anyways you may call xbox support to see what their repair policy is

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Work put a hold on Xbox Repair. Tried both clearing the cache and formatting the HD. Neither fixed the problem and after the format the HD doesn't seem to want to hang onto the updates. Turning off the xbox or backing back out into the dashboard forces me to re-download the updates. Almost afraid to shell out the dough for a new HD if that doesn't end up being the whole issue. Apparently I missed my warranty by almost a month or so, fantastic luck on my part lol.

Sorry this didn't help.