HD AV cable

I have been trying to play two players on a game on my new Xbox. I heard I neede an HDMI cable so I bought one and connected it. This didn't work. Next I heard I needed an HD AV cable. I bought one of those but the connector that is suppose to plug into the Xbox is to big. Does anyone know if there is an additional part that I need so I can use the HD AV cable? P.S. what happened to just hooking up two controllers and playing multi-player on a game? Very frustrating.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you have the newest model, the 360-E, then the HD AV cables will not work as they changed the port. The only way to get HD output from the E model is through HDMI.

-

I assume that Minecraft is the game you are trying to play in split-screen with 2 players based on your recent game history. Unfortunately that game does require an HD output/HDMI in order to play in split screen - it won't work with the standard definition cables. If you can use HDMI with your TV, check the resolution and crank it up on the Xbox settings to see if that works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It must be the E version then. I don't know much about these new gaming systems yet. And yes it is minecraft, I believe you were helping me with the last post I made. Hopefully I can figure it out.

Thank you for your response.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.