HD AV Cable - Bad sound

I've bought the Xbox360 VGA HD AV Cable and connected the "video end" to the Monitor. Than I connected the "sound end" (the red and white males) via Twin RCA connector to the PC sound card (The Microphone Line-in), in order to play the sound on my 5.1 channle sound system.

The Video is great, but the sound form the speakers is VERY bad, mostly at the loud parts!

Is this a hardware (cables, xbox, pc, speakers) problem or a software one (settings, drivers or something else)? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The mic/line in on your PC may be one of several things:

A mono mic socket: This is too sensitive for the line outputs of the XBbox

A stereo mic socket: same as above

A combined line/mic socket.  If it is, and you'll have to check the spec of your PC, there will be a software switch to fiddle with so that the card doesn't use the Mic (high sensitivity) setting for the socket. Look in the taskbar for a speaker icon and start there.

The output from the Xbox audio is a high-level signal which will distort when plugged into low-level mic sockets. Not all PC's have stereo line inputs, but many have mic only inputs.

A final option if you have an Optical input on your PC is to use the optical out from the back of the Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.