Having weird problems: gamertag and info not connecting propperly.

Ok, I've been having this problem for a few weeks now, but it never made much of a difference until now. Sometimes when start up my xbox I get to the main screen and little things like my avatar and my gamer picture are not there and my background was reset. It's like it's my first time loging on to xbox live, I'd have to make a new avatar and fix all my settings again. HOWEVER all my saved games and whatnot are still there and I was technically still logged in.

This wasn't a problem until I recently played Homefront and when in the game it simply would not save my game, I kept getting messages saying there was not enough room on my hard drive (when there clearly was) I couldn't figgure why it would say that.  I Just bought ALice Madness Returns and started playing it only to find out 2 hours in that it was not saving any of my progress. I restarted my xbox and the problem seemed to go away, it saved my progress and everything, then I turned it off and went to bed. THIS MORNING I start up my xbox and same problems as before, no gamerpicture, reset background etc, I then start the game again and now it won't recognize the fact that I have a saved game.

I don't know what the problem is and I'm going to call xbox support as soon as I can but for now I have to go to work. If anyone has ANY tips please lemmy know :D

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Your account is probably corrupted, you will need to delete the profile only then recover it and then everything should be fixed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So that won't ruin any saved data or anything will it? What will that mean to my gamerscore (which I really don't care about) and all my dlc and downloaded games.... Will this be deleting my Gamertag entirely? I'm confused

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you been connected to LIVE on your profile? If so, your achievements should have been uploaded automatically, meaning they are safe. When you delete the profile, you will see the option to delete PROFILE ONLY. Doing so will ensure that your save files will be safe.

Sorry this didn't help.