Having trouble with swaping game tags with the same email address to different live accounts

I ‘m having a problem signing into one of my game tags, I kept getting incorrect password message. so I went to Microsoft live to find my password and changed it. Went back and tried to sign in on my profile still got the message so I went to the Xbox site and signed in there to see if it was just the Xbox. I was able to sign in but my game tag was not one of the ones I have on my Xbox system. I have two on my system one I use and one I gave to my nephew to use and apparently I used the same email address for both. I decided to download the game tag I found online when I visited xbox.com and then attempted to change that tag to a different live account as the site suggests but now I’m getting a message that says Xbox can’t change my Microsoft account at this time. And even if I was able to swap that one I’m still stuck with the other two that I can’t sign into because the pass word doesn’t work for them even though it is the same email for all of them. This is just one huge mess!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there!  No worries.  Here's what's up: once a GT has been downloaded to a console, it can't have it's Microsoft Account Email swapped for 30 days as a security measure.  So it's going to be a little funky for 30 days, but once that's up you should be able to swap everything back to how it's supposed to be.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.