Having trouble staying connected to xbox live with new wireless gateway from Comcast

Ever since Comcast replaced their old modem with a new wireless modem/router when we added phone service I have been having severe issues connecting and remaining connected to xbox live.  My information is as follows:

Modem, Brand Model: **** TG862G/CT

UPnP: unknown

NAT error:  none shown

ISP:  Comcast

Error Codes:  No codes.  Fail is listed as incorrect password (pw verified and reentered and verified several times to be sure) or unable to connect to network.

W: 0000-0000

X:  8000-0011

Y: 0000-0000

Z:  0000-0000

ID: 0000-0005

L:  8015-1000

Q:  8007-0435

T:  Wireless

D:  0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0.

S: WPA2

C:  0

G:  0.0.0.0.

N:  HOME-4592

Additionally, all other wireless devices seem to be functioning without issue(i.e. (Wii, ipod, ipad, Acer laptop).  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 35 Applies to:

Hi,

Are you using the Internal slim adapter (Xbox360S) of one of the external wireless adapter (if so which one) as a temporary measure can you turn off WPA2 security and any wireless mac address/access list and see if you can connect? If you can we know its a password issue

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Gah, I tried to include all the pertinent info and forgot to even mention which xbox I'm using, lol.  I have the newer, slimmer xbox that comes with the Kinect bundle; internal wifi.  I don't know if I CAN disable the security.  The password itself was built into the equipment Comcast gave me.  I'll see what I can do; however, and post back the results.  Thanks for the reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

Reset the network name, password, all of it.  Also changed the nsecurity type from wpa2 to wpa afer reading that xbox360's have some issues with wpa2.  I was able to get connected after doing so.  For now the issue seems to be resolved.  Time will tell.  I'll post back if the problem returns or if connectivity remains spotty.

Sorry this didn't help.

Good stuff :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Still having intermittent dc's after manually inputting ip address and changing back to WEP security (which had some success.  Moved my xbox to my smaller tv which is near the router gateway (full bar strength) and, while the connection seems better, I'm still dc'ing on a regular basis.  Since this location is close enough (unobstructed/unobscured) I'm just going to get a 25 ft ethernet cable and hardline it.  I play online a lot and am tired of dealing with this issue.  I''m reasonably certain the issue lies with the new equipment from Comcast, not the xbox as I never had near the issues with  the old equipment.  The gateway is an Arris model TG862G/CT if anyone who sees this has had a similar issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's a known incompatibility with that gateway.  Comcast will swap it out for the (somewhat) better SMCD3GNV if you take it to one of their service centers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Grimme! Since this is a new issue would you be able to test your Xbox LIVE connection again and provide us with the new error codes you're receiving with these disconnects? If you do get an Ethernet cord, will you try the wired connection as a test and let us know if a it resolves the issue? If it does not, will you try a wired connection directly to the modem? This will allow us to either confirm or rule out issues with the router itself. Standing by for details! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I am now having the exact same issue, just recently moved and with the new modem/router combo they gave me, I am having constant issues. I have done research and these combo units seem to be widely not liked, I recommend buying your own router and ask comcast for just a modem.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would not go back to using WEP is insecure and I very much doubt that it is the cause of your problem

For improving wireless performance try these tips:-

support.xbox.com/.../performance

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../111-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone! There is a whole slew of people who subscribe to Comcast's services that are having the same issues, including me...unfortunately. One of the many threads about this issue can be found at this web address:

forums.comcast.com/.../1239977

Unfortunately, the Arris TG862G/CT gateway is one of the new recommended setups to use for Comcast services in residences and nearly all Comcast subscribers are being forced to "upgrade" to this or another manufacturers version of this gateway setup. According to a few of the networking experts on the forum there is only one solution to this issue that does not include getting the "pointing fingers to everyone but Comcast" merry-go-round of the Comcast support team. The solution is to call the Router Bridge support team at: 800-363-2416 and have them bridge your Arris TG862G/CT to allow a separate router to take over WiFi duties, then buy your own wireless router and hook up your own network. (Note: If you use Triple Play or get your digital voice services through Comcast, this solution may not work for you because the Gateway systems Comcast are issuing are required to make your digital voice work in the home...for further information I would recommend following the link to the forum and seeing if there are any other solutions or advice from the Experts). I just ordered my own router and will return to this forum to let you know if this solution is indeed the answer.

The Xbox team has already compiled a wonderful list of wireless routers available which can be found here:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

This forum includes configurations of available wireless routers, whether they are UPnP compatible (meaning if you have multiple 360s or an Xbox One and 360 working at the same time, they shouldn't have NAT issues), and detailed instructions on how to set up many features that will further enhance gameplay or streaming. Just a note, some of the newer routers mentioned in the most recent Top 10 articles for PC Mag and IGN have not yet been added to this listing yet (A good example are the new Western Digital router line and the newer Netgear router models) and some of the postings are slightly outdated, but overall it is a great place to balance the specs from xbox experts against the top routers). My advice at this point would be to decide what you are looking for in features and do your research on which wireless routers would be both beneficial for your budget and your WiFi needs for your Xbox.

As I said before, I will return and post my findings after trying this solution out for myself and will include detailed information including the router I decided upon. Until then, Happy Hunting.

Sorry this didn't help.