Having trouble recording clips while offline

Offline recording used to be easy. You could just pull up the guide and hit a button even while offline. But now you need to navigate to the "capture and share" tab. However this tab, as well as almost every other tab is greyed out while offline. "Record what happened" still works but that only records up to 5 minutes. Am I missing something or is it just no longer possible to record longer clips while offline?

Hello,

I often record clips and extended gameplay on my Xbox and may be able to help.

Being offline would only interfere if your uploading them to Xbox Live. You should be able to record clips locally to your console.

Do you know how much space you have on your hard drive?

Do you have an external HD hooked up to your Xbox dedicated to media files?

If so you'll be able to record up to 1 HR. 

If you just want to record the preset time (30sec-5min) hitting the Xbox button and hitting X should still work for you.

Here's a link to a great guide by windows central. Hope it helps.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-record-xbox-one-gameplay-share-delete

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Im using a usb drive and i record clips all the time. It works fine when online because the capture tab isnt greyed out.

But when I’m offline, the achievements, friends, capture etc. Everything is greyed out and i cant access the “start recording” button.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I suppose you can only rec clips online, not offline. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

And check your storage to see if you have enough space left.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, My husband has also been experiencing the same issues, where the capture options tab is grayed out due to being offline, but the View button on the controller only brings up the "Record What Happened" option. On my profile however, I can, and have, recorded offline, as recently as last night (June 23rd) and was able to record 8 one-hour long videos without issue. My account appears to be the only one on the system able to accomplish this feat however, which leaves a very large and confusing question in its wake, of what in the good gracious is going on with Xbox. It appears, at first glance, as if it is a glitch that happens if the account is a Gold account, because mine is, and always has been, a Silver account, while his is Gold. I would like to think that paying for an account would not limit the options available to it, but no other reasonable reason is seen. 

It is possible to get a more adequate response to the issue at hand, not just a link to a "how to" page, where clearly it is not a matter of not knowing how it is accomplished, more a question of why is it not working anymore. Or in my husbands case, not working at all. 

Please refer to the attached photos. The first photo is of my husbands profile options when he hits the view button, the second is of what options are given to my account when I hit the view button. Both accounts were offline when the photos were taken, so it makes no sense for the options to not be the same. Any assistance or explanation would be greatly appreciated. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I play offline and I record clips all the time. not sure if your xbox experienced the same update for the tabs on the home guide, but you can go into settings and change the order to how it used to be

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 1,285 Applies to: