Having trouble powering on

So I was watching tv through my xbox one as I have my cable plugged in to xbox and there was a power outage. My xbox is plugged into a surge protector and a very expensive one at that. I went to turn it back on and it wouldn't recognize turning on through my voice command so I pushed the power button. The green xbox logo booted up and screen went black and nothing happened after that. Is there a way to reset or do I just have to wait it out etc???

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Slowest,

Try plugging the power supply directly into an outlet and bypass the surge protector and turn it on. If that doesn't fix the issue, while the console is still on try doing a power cycle. A power cycle is done by holding the Xbox console power button for 8 seconds until it turns off, then wait 30 seconds, and then turn it back on again. A power cycle will clear the cache and reset the network card. See if this resolves the issue. As an additional note, it is not recommended to have the Xbox One power supply plugged into a surge protector since the power supply itself now has an internal fuse. If it is in a surge protector and the power supply starts making noises it is because the surge protector is overloaded. Let us know if this works and we' go from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, I will give it a try as soon as I get back home and I won't keep it plugged in to a surge protector. Did not know that was the case. Figured I was doing something good having it plugged into a surge protector. I will update you on the situation as soon as I get in. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Slowest,

Let us know how it goes. Just as a reference for you, here is the Xbox Support link regarding not using the surge protector for an Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you I was able to get it working without following steps provided but I do appreciate the information given and fast response to my question.

Sorry this didn't help.