Having trouble playing game discs...

Hello,

I purchased my Xbox One as a Day One Console. It hasn't given me any trouble until the last few days. All game discs would load immediately after inserting the disc into the disk drive but now they won't load. It happens regardless of the disc that I insert. So I know that it's not the discs that are faulty as they've worked fine until recently that the console started acting up. It also takes a while to show the read error message.

My console has always been laying flat with nothing surrounding it. I've tried restarting it, that doesn't work. I've unplugged it and left it to reset for a while before restarting, that didn't help either.

But what I DID notice was that in order to make it work, I have to insert a DVD and let it run for a minute or so and then stop it. If I insert the game disc, THEN it will read it and load.

I'm not sure what to do as it is annoying having to do this every single time I want to play a game.

I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Nancy Solis

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Nancy,

I too, am also having this problem.. I haven't tried the DVD trick yet as I just keep on reinserting the disk until it finally recognizes the game.  It has taken as long as 15 min to get it reading the game disc..

I also have the XB1 Day One Edition if that matters...

Please someone help us with this problem we are having!!

ryanfletcher42

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same here. None of my discs are being recognized and I also can't manage any of my apps

Sorry this didn't help.

BTW, I also have Day One edition if that matters

Sorry this didn't help.

If you call they will tell you to hard restart, go erase your DVD blue ray persistent storage 3x.  That really doesn't help- the problem will just come back a couple weeks later but then your disc won't even read.  I have been through this. Had to send mine back multiple times and have now been waiting almost 3 weeks and still have not gotten any help.  Sorry people, something is just not right- seems like there are issues with everything from what I keep seeing in these posts.

Sorry this didn't help.