Having trouble logging into profile...

Hello...

It seems I needed to confirm some security info associated with my account - I reset the password, access my Microsoft Account and confirmed all security proofs.  But when I try to log into my console, I can't access my main profile (the only one with Gold).  I am connected to Xbox Live, but when I select my profile it prompts me to sign in with my email and password.  I do that (using the email and password I just used to access this site).  It asks if I want to remember my password.  I confirm, and it gives me error code 80048821.  I could not find this in the code lookup.  The message is "Sorry, either that's the wrong password or the email you entered does not have an Xbox Live membership".

That I can sign in on this website tells me that the password is good, and my console is connected to Xbox live, with the profile in question being the only one with membership.  I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hey there!  That's pretty odd.  OK, can you please try using the website to change you password, then download it to the console that way?  How does that go?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.