Having trouble booting up.

I thought I'd share this with everyone, especially support, in case this has or does happen to others.

So I got home tonight and turned on my xbox (special star wars version) and when I did, the light in the middle of the button came on (blue) but none of the rings. I originally turned it on by the controller which lit up all it's ring of light and they kept flashing, not circling, but flashing together. This when on for awhile and I got up, turned it off then turned it back on by the console itself, but still the same thing happened (minus the controller lights). This went on for awhile, even to the point where I turned on the console, let it sit to see if it would finally work right and it actually just turned itself off.

Also I should mention the TV was on the right setting and channel and was on, but the screen was black.. Eventually it started up like it was supposed to, but the way the ring of blue lights (again, special star wars version console) moved around the power button seemed slow to me, labored almost, then everything behaved as normal. Now I know this isn't right and before I upgraded to this console I saw a lot of people posting about their Xbox-S's not turning on or turning themselves off by themselves and I posted about my concerns and everyone assured me it would be safe to move from an original to and S, so this has me a bit frazzled. On that note, anyone know a good way to back up my saves from my xbox, on the off chance this is just the first sign of a never ending cycle of horrible issues?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Save wise, the best place would be to put them on the cloud. I'll leave the link below for how to that for you and anyone else needing to do the same

support.xbox.com/.../cloud-save-games

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For those interested, this person is having the VERY same issue as described.

forums.xbox.com/.../457133.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.