Having to reset Xbox One every time I start it up.

So whats the deal with this? I know it isn't a difficult thing to fix but it is blatantly annoying, literally every time I start it up I have to go through the process of hard resetting once or twice. Its either Black Screen, Green Screen, a black screen with annoying noise, or just spinning circles over parts that don't load.

I sent the console in as per diagnosis from the chat support, which was wrong because it was sent back with no hardware issues.

Just what is the deal with this? Will April's fix this or is there something wrong with my current update?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Still having issues up into June. Now with the occasional freezing, is there no permanent fix for this? I don't like having to mess with my console for 15mins to an hour and a half to try and get it to boot every time I want to play a game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sounds like you have a duff xbox one ... give xbox support a call and ask for an exchange

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this problem not long after launch. I factory reset mine and it's been fine ever since! Give that a go.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please read this page ENTIRELY before taking any action.

After you have exhausted EVERY OTHER OPTION (short of RMA'ing your console in for repairs), including the overlooked obvious like blocked vents, loose cables, bad power strips, etc.. there may still be the possibility of your console's firmware being mucked up by a bad update.

Again (and I can't stress this enough), use this as your last resort solution!!!  Not only is it time consuming and requires a lengthly download, but (like any manual flash of any device) done incorrectly can brick (totally disable) your device.

However, based on your thread thusfar, I would assume you're at the point of sending it in for repair, anyways.  Good luck, and PLEASE continue to keep the thread informed of any solution to your issue; someone else may be reading this later!

http;//support.microsoft.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

Sorry this didn't help.