Having to re-download my profile each time I want to play Live....

I have tried to research this the best I can so sorry if it has been answered. The first time when I downloaded my profile it worked (after numerous attempts) I was able to play online again fine. Now when I sign on I will go into the game and say "disconnected from live" each time. Doesn't seem like I should have to download my profile EVERY time I go to play a game...It is too time consuming since downloading my profile never works on the first time.....usually takes about 6-8 tries before the download will work.

I have cleared my cache, etc, tried about everything I could find listed on line to do.......

HELP PLEASE?!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi did have a similar issue as you, just like Vibroplex has mentioned try and put it onto a USB memory unit, I do this now. It's much easier anyways this way, as I can use my own gamertag when around family and friends homes! without waiting 30 minutes to recover my gamertag!

Also I do tend to remove the USB every day just incase my console ever got stolen so my debit card details are attatched via my gamertag secured on my USB drive! oh and I always put my saved games on it to! worth doing also, the only downside I guess is if the pen corrupts but I do create a backup to my PC! Hope this has helped

On the other hand it could be your Internet or console, have you tried to download your gamertag at a friends or something? if it works then it must something to do with your end of things.........process of elimination!

Hope this has been some sort of help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd suggest getting a USB flash drive and preparing it for use as a Memory Unit.

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

Then, power down, remove the hard drive, power up. and redownload the profile to the Memory Unit. If the same problems occur, then you have a connectivity issue. If the problem goes away, the hard drive needs to be reformatted after you have moved all offline game saves to the USB flash drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

you are going to want to call customer support at 1800 4 my xbox and have them help you deal with it, they are tricky tricky there and can do all kinds of neet stuff!

Sorry this didn't help.