Having some serious issues and I'm getting frustrated

Right, my account got suspended because no payment was recieved due to my mum's card (which was used to pay for my Live) either got cancelled or had no money on it, fine but it's telling me to continue my membership edit or add a new payment option or something, so today I bought a 3 month prepaid voucher but still it won't work, it won't let me redeem the code and it won't let me remove my mum's card details, I keep getting the status code 80162765 along with various error codes.

My sister then checked the internet with one of the error codes and it told her I owe £11.98 or something and my account is suspended until Microsoft get the money...

First of all, it should only be redeeming my Live monthly at a cost of £5.99 (even though it's only supposed to be £5) so where is the other £6 coming from? Why exactly am I paying another 6 quid, in total £11.98 when all that should be taken is £5.99? why will my prepaid code not work? why am I occasionally getting dashboard access minus my friends which apparently have all disappeared even though I'm apparently suspended and have no Live? what exactly are you people doing? if you even know, usually when I ask questions on forums nobody has any idea what they're talking about...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

So this is likely the case, you have been on a monthly plan for a while. The card that has been paying for it got canceled. You were unaware of this issue, but you were allowed to play use the Xbox live service. The membership was used for a month and a half without actually paying for it, so now MS has suspended your account. You cannot use that 3 month card you just bought because you still owe a balance.

You will have to call MS pay the balance on the account and then you can redeem that card. Your best bet is to ask them to turn off auto renewal while you are it that way you don't run into this issue later on.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't understand how they can do that though, how can they let me use it for free for a month and a half and then expect me to pay for it? they should have cancelled there and then that way I could start paying again whenever I wanted to instead of them forcing a debt on to me, it may be only £12 but it's a debt all the same that I apparently had no say in, if that is what's happened I think it'd be worth my while seeking legal advice, they can't do that to people regardless of whether I was under the impression that I was paying or not, they can't just cancel peoples account after giving them free Live access whenever they want and expect people to pay for it, atleast not without some sort of warning first... I'm extremely annoyed by this, not only can I not pay it because the card was cancelled, which I knew nothing about but now I owe them £12 quid AND spent a further £15 on a prepaid card that can't be used, that's one way to keep customers Microsoft, well done.

Sorry this didn't help.

They can do that to you, there is no point in threatening a lawyer you wont win. When you signed the TOU (Terms of Use) you authorized this. It is not MS fault that the card YOU authorized declined. It is YOUR responsibility to keep YOUR information current at all times. If you do not want to be on the auto renewal YOU MUST call in to have that canceled.

We may bill you: (a) in advance; (b) at the time of purchase; (c) shortly after purchase; or (d) on a recurring basis for subscription Services. We may charge you up to the amount you've approved.

This is directly from the TOU. I suggest you take some time to get familiar with it.

www.xbox.com/.../livetou

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="BomberMann"]

They can do that to you, there is no point in threatening a lawyer you wont win. When you signed the TOU (Terms of Use) you authorized this. It is not MS fault that the card YOU authorized declined. It is YOUR responsibility to keep YOUR information current at all times. If you do not want to be on the auto renewal YOU MUST call in to have that canceled.

We may bill you: (a) in advance; (b) at the time of purchase; (c) shortly after purchase; or (d) on a recurring basis for subscription Services. We may charge you up to the amount you've approved.

This is directly from the TOU. I suggest you take some time to get familiar with it.

www.xbox.com/.../livetou

[/quote]

And we have a winner! OP you need to reslove your over due balance before you can use that (or any other) 3 month card.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am the winner?!?!?! YAY!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I hade the same thing all my friends are gone and im in family mode i think the only was is to pay it directly from XBOX.com but now my probleme is that i added money 2 hours ago and when i try to add Microsoft points it wont work just like my card was empty

Sorry for the english it's because im french

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Online, if you're trying to settle an outstanding balance, I suggest giving phone support a ring, as they are billing extraordinaire. If you're in France, you can reach them at: 0800 91 52 74

Sorry this didn't help.