Having Resolution Issues

I recently bought an Asus VH236 23" LCD monitor for my Xbox 360. According to the MLG website, they use 1920x1080 resolution. The problem is, that resolution isn't an option for me under Console Settings. The highest I could get was like 16-something by 10-something. I am currently using an HDMI cable to connect my 360 to the monitor. Could the problem be that I am using the HDMI cable rather than the Xbox 360 VGA cable? I noticed that on the MLG website, they also said that they used VGA to connect the monitor. Still, I didn't think the HDMI cable would render the Xbox incapable of producing the full resolution.

I guess what I'm looking for is confirmation that the problem does in fact lie with the utilization of an HDMI cable rather than a VGA cable. I don't want to go shell out $40 for a cable I don't really need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Did you try adjusting the settings on the monitor? You may have to adjust it to 1080I or 1080P settings.  The HDMI cable might play a role in this. When using a HDMI it will change the picture making  it seem like the image sits far back. Or the monitor might not support that resolution. If you want to be sure go to gamestop and buy a AV cable. Try plugging that in and see what happens. If you are unhappy of the results, return the cable within a couple days. Make sure you save your receipt.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.