having random lag spikes-- continued problem

When playing multiple different games, there have been random lag spikes for my specific console, in which it is a 2-5 second period of time when the game(s) become unplayable. Normally, I would expect to be problems with connection to the host, but when the same thing happens across four different games, there is a problem with the connection to xbox live. this originally started after the may 19th update, and due to some complicatiting factors, I wasn't able to play much. I returned to playing, only to find that the problem is still here.

There is no error message, because it is in game.

I use a D-link gamers lounge router, and a wireless connection from my xbox with nothing blocking the airway from the router to the xbox. my ISP is comcast.

I do not believe there is anything that I can do from my end, as I have done everything that I've been told to do to try to fix this ongoing problem, as this is something that has happened before with major updates (the last time in october of 2010) and fixed shortly after, however this time it has not been fixed and I was wondering if there has been any word on it.

thanks for any help in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Does it still occur if plugged directly into the modem?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would not know, though the airway between the router is clear, there isnt a cable long enough to reach my router, so as I said, I dont know if it would or not.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well if you really want to nail down the issue, a direct modem connection is the quickest, easiest way to determine if it's an ISP issue, a router issue or a wireless issue.

Sorry this didn't help.