Having Nat Issues with 2 xboxs..

First let me point out to microsoft what a PoS their system is, why not broaden the ports needed for xbox live so its a bit easier for households to host multiple xbox360s on the same network.. Your support for such topic is an utter joke "Restart router, did that fix it?" Uuuh no.. "Open ports, did that fix it?" uuuuh no..." would have been a proper follow up...

Now to explain my condition. I just moved to a new house and just got a shiney new ISP, (RoadRunner Lightning 40mb connection) with a shiney new wireless gigabit router/modem Ubee DDW3611 to be exact.. So instead of doing my old setup which was run a 100ft cable from my router into my room so my brother had a connection on his xbox were I also had a connection on my xbox in the living room.. I decided to use my router running ddwrt (WRT54g2 v1) in his room as a client bridge so that I could wirelessly connect his room with internet.. Well needless to say this is were I get to the problem about nat.. Reguardless of what I do both xboxs can never have an open connection.. If one has an open connection the other is either on strict or moderate... If I restart my routers the first xbox to test connection gets an open nat, while the other gets a moderate nat.. This is unacceptable as we all know that even with a moderate nat your pretty much done if you try to do anything online. Especially with new games like blackops or halo reach.. God forbid we try playing in the same game together either..

Now I'm here looking for a solid solution to this issue and not the same rubble I've been reading over and over again that never works.. I've tried upnp, and I've tried port triggering.. The only reasonable solution I can think of is M$ getting off their lazy asses and broadening the ports that xbl uses.. Its simple really the PC has been doing this for god knows how many years.. If several people try to connect to a game on the same network using port 27960 (Quake3) the other person might use port 27961 and so forth.. Don't see why xbl has to be strictly 3074..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Have you tried to open ports on one of the XBOX 360's via Port Forwarding and then putting the other XBOX 360 in DMZ (De-Militarized Zone)? This should essentially put them both out of Moderate/Strict NAT.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You'll have to make sure you know the IP's of each of the XBOX's as well (192.168.x.x) as well as the ports (more than just 3074) - Port 88 (UDP), Port 3074 (UDP and TCP), Port 53 (UDP and TCP), Port 80 (TCP). This might help some -> news.softpedia.com/.../Guide-to-Opening-NAT-Xbox-360-71775.shtml

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm quite aware of all the ports needed for XBL.. I use to use port forwarding + DMZ however to no avail one xbox always had moderate reguardless.. What ever setup I use one has moderate..

Sorry this didn't help.

Killer: Are you saying that you have tried this in the past, or you tried it just now? I would recommend trying it again if Hassassin is suggesting it.

Sorry this didn't help.