Having issues playing games on Live, signing into my profile

I seem to have some problems here, help would be appreciated. The issue is when I turn on my Xbox it auto-signs in the Live fine, however there are issues with it not displaying my profile info correctly (0 gamerscore on some areas, other area it shows my correct gamerscore, no profile pic sometimes, if I go to My Profile it shows no pic, 0 gamerscore and no info in the bio or motto areas). Yet if I check my profile here on xbox.com everything looks fine, all of my info is correct. I can still access the Marketplace and download things, I can still see my friends and their activity and send and receive XBL messages however.

But if I try to play a game (specifically Forza4, although I also tried Mass Effect 3 and ran into the same problems) it boots me off of Live as soon as the game starts to load. If I try to sign back in it says I have lost my connection to XBL, try again later. If I go back to the dashboard it still won't sign me back into my profile until I turn off the xbox and turn it back on.

I tried to go into the Account Security tab in my quest to figure out what was going on and I got this: "Problem with Xbox Live Marketplace. Try again later. Status Code: 8007045D"

I was just playing Forza this morning, around 3:30 a.m EST with no issues. I've had XBL since March of last year and never had any issues. Nothing has changed that I'm aware of in my setup since this morning. I have not received any emails from Xbox saying about a ban, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Country/state - USA, Pennsylvania

Modem - **** Model # - WBM760

Router - Netgear N600 Model # - WNDR3400

Wired connection on an 250g Xbox Slim

Things I have tried: UPnP is enabled, I haven't seen any NAT errors, my ISP is Comcast. I've tried unplugging my modem and router to re-set them, and had the same problems afterward. I ran the Connection Test and it said everything is fine. Under status I got these values...

W-0000-000B

X-0000-F001

Y-20A8-4840

Z-0000-0000

ID-FFFF-FFFF

L-0015-10F1

Q-0015-10F1

T-Wired

Okay, under the sticky it said the next 3 values should be D,S,C but mine are listed as A,G,D...and they kind of look like an IP address? I won't list them unless someone says they're necessary.

Unfortunately for you support guys I'm a bit of a computer idiot, so an exceptional amount of hand-holding is probably going to be necessary here! PLEASE HELP!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi L3p3rm3ss14h,

It sounds like you might be having a couple of different issues.  Let me address the profile first.  It sounds like you need to redownload your profile from LIVE.  Please see the instructions below for that process.

1. Press the Xbox Guidebutton on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? Press X to sign out of your profile.

3. Enter the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  4. Now, enter your Windows Live ID password.

Note If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID information is required to download the profile.

5. Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Your profile will begin downloading. Once your profile is downloaded, you can choose whether or not you want to require your Windows Live ID password to sign into your profile.

Once you complete this let us know how things are working and what difference you notice and we can help from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well an update...I just checked my HDD and it says I have a corrupted profile. I have no idea how this could have happened. Is there any way I can save my gamesaves from disappearing into the ether? I know I can recover my profile from the xbox servers, but won't I lose all my saves if that happens? I reeeeally don't want that to happen...

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok,  now that you have found that your profile is corrupt lets go ahead and delete it first before we download it.  You can delete the profile by following these steps

• Go to Settings, and then select System.
  • Select Storage.
  • Select All Devices.
  • Select Gamer Profiles.
  • Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
  • Select Delete.
  • Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

After going through these steps go ahead and download your profile using the steps I listed in my previous post.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear OP, I recommend that since you have a corrupt profile doing what Tgeekster said, log out of your account and redownload it. You will need your Windows Live ID (WLI) and Password. Once successful everything should be okay. You will not/should not have to delete your profile off the HDD unit you are currently using.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay Tgeekster, if I delete "Profile only" and re-download  I shouldn't lose my game saves? I want to make sure before I do this, I've sunk way too much of my time into my Forza save to lose it all.

Now if I go into my HDD settings, all of my gamesaves say "Corrupted Profile on them, but don't have any yellow exclamation marks on them. Does this mean that just my profile is borked and if I delete it and re-download they'll still be there?

Thanks for the replies so far btw...

Sorry this didn't help.

Your saves will not be deleted as long use you choose the option "Delete Profile Only"  There is a slim chance that some saves may not work but that is due to the corrupted profile not the deletion.  I don't think you are going to have this problem though. 

Once you get your profile downloaded we can see what comes next to get you back into shape.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, sorry to bug you guys so much but I'm paranoid about messing this up. If I sign out of my profile (which I just did, I figured I shouldn't be signed into the profile when I go to delete it) and check in the system settings it shows my profile and it DOESN'T say "corrupted" next to it, but if I sign in and check the HDD it does...

Should I still proceed with the deletion and re-download?

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem bud.   Yes you can go ahead and delete your profile. I have had to do it on occasion myself and have had no problems afterwards.  You can read through this if you would like, it gives more info on the Deleting and Downloading your profile. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/profile-move-delete

I know it seems scary to delete something but your profile is stored via the LIVE service.  It is actually the same profile you see here on the forums it is just in a different format.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Ahhh yes I could KISS you guys ha ha! I deleted the profile and re-DL'd it...all of my saves are fine! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Sorry this didn't help.

Great!!! Glad to see you got it fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.