Having EXTREMELY frustrating problems with account proofs

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else is having the following issue or has had it in the past and is willing to pass some knowledge my way. Basically, every time I log on my Xbox with my gamertag it asks me to add more proofs.  I already have 3, yes 3 e-mail address', 1 text number and 1 phone call number attached to my account. Every 2-3 days as soon as I log in it asks if i can still get a code sent to my mobile device...it then proceeds to ask me to add more proofs and if I don't I can not log in.  I have no idea what to do and it's very frustrating.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey, its because one of your proofs just isn't verified. You added it in just haven't verified it yet. You probabaly have verified it it just hasn't gone through. Try going to account.live.com with no www in front of it. Sign in and it will take you to an account summary page, from here click on security information or edit security information and it will make you verify one of your proofs. Once you verify it it will take you to your current security settings with all your alternate emails and phone numbers. Make sure none of them have a verify link next to them and if they do you need to either verify it or remove it if it is an extra one you don't need. Best advice is to have at least one phone number setup for text and at least one alternate email.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi XB92AI,

Do you activate Two Step Authentication ?

If so try disable it

https://account.live.com (you will need code from one of your current proofs)

Let us know if works/Fix!

Sorry this didn't help.

CustomKristoff.....two step authentication wouldn't affect him having to verify his proofs. Only would affect him having to enter his password on the xbox console which seems like he is able to do since he gets to the point where it asks him to change his security.

Sorry this didn't help.