Having an issue with Optical Audio from Xbox One

Hello all. Running into an audio issue the last few days. Came here to pick some of your brains to see where the issue may be coming from. Here we go.....

My setup..

Boston Acoustics sound bar with wireless sub

I use my pc ,my Xbox one and ps4 on the same sound system. I have an optical audio selector that lets me switch between the components.

I did take the selector out of the conclusion by going straight from the optical output of the xbox one straight to my sound system and the issue still is present.

Now for the issue.

While playing i can hear the sub woofer cut in and out. It does this on all my xbox one games. Weird part is that the soundbar itself doesn't seem to cut out.

I called the Microsoft hotline and they seemed clueless. My pc and ps4 use the same sound system and they all run flawlessly. I am very confused at the moment. Any help appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi NhraRacer, 

Sorry you're having issues with your audio on your Xbox One. It looks like you already did the first step which was removing the middle man with the audio switch box. Do you have any other optical receiver that you can test this on to see if you can hear the audio? Doing that would help narrow down where the issue is. Also I would try multiple cables to see if you can get audio passing through the console. 

First question. Have you gone through and selected the Optical Out to be the sound output on the console? To do this, press menu, go to settings, go to Display and Sound, then under audio select "Optical Audio". 

Let us know if you've done all this, and if you can get audio through another optical audio device with another cable. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried everything you have suggested. Like i said it only seems to lose the sub signal. The sub is wireless. I know it's not the sound system though because my ps4 and pc work great. I am really lost at this point.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi NhraRacer,

Could you post the model receiver that you're using? Perhaps someone else had a similar issue. Do you have something else you could test this with? As you're getting some sound, it's working. We would just need to figure out if it's a compatibility thing, or another setting somewhere.

Finally which optical setting are you using bit stream or stereo uncompressed? If you're using bit stream I would definitely try the stereo uncompressed option.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.