Having a very Bad experience with MicroSoft.

I've been looking forward to the Xbox One and the Kinect 2.0 since its announcement and had it on pre-order the first chance.  Fast forward to the release day, and my day one arrived.  Setup went without a hitch and all seemed well.  4 day later, I read about how some folks are having issues with the disc drive malfunctioning.

Well, turns out mine is one of the defectives with a bad drive.  Still not upset at all, it happens and I just got unlucky, I calmly called in and setup a replacement.  And within 7 days my replacement showed up.

This is where I start to get concerned and a little unhappy...   As I was removing the replacement unit I heard something loose inside the machine.  So I turn it every which way listening and there is definitely something loose inside.  Definitely unhappy, but still not too bad, I call customer support again.  And this time, I'm told some one will call me within a few days to setup replacement with a new machine.  And will absolutely make sure they send out a good one this time etc.. etc...  Well days go by and no one calls, so I call back and am told the same again.  couple days go by again, and I call back..  again.  and again.

Now its been 11 days since I called back about the bad replacement xbox, and I still have the one that will not play any discs.  And still no call backs from Microsoft....

Out of frustration, thinking of just returning this to Amazon, but I can't get another one as they are out of stock.  Bought a couple of games and a couple years worth of Live Gold digitally for the Xbox One and would hate to hassle with trying to get refunds for those.... 

Only positive out of this experience was that there was no overseas call centers, but maybe that is making things even more frustrating.  Knowing the people on the other end understand me and understand my situation perfectly.  Yet is either unable or unwilling to do anything about this.

Any suggestions?  If it wasn't for my 6yr old girl dancing to Just Dance 2014 everyday, I might have smashed this box already out of frustration.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

will if u haven't sent back the original and still have both defective console, don't expect a replacement any time soon. Unfortunately you should have sent the original back because Microsoft wasn't able to reorder me another one even though the advance exchange unit was also defective until they receive my original console back and close the first service order. Sorry, wish i had better news for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did return the defective replacement, sent it back the same day I received it.  

Sorry this didn't help.

nice, call in and ask for the tier 3 advocate department. they seem to be the one that was able to help me

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks!  How do you get a hold of tier 3 advocate department.  

I called in again, this time they tell me my case was never escalated and no one would have called me.  I asked for tier 3 advocate, and was told there is no phone for them and only thing I can do is wait for their email to come in about 7 days.

I can't believe they've been lying to me for 10 days, everytime I call in saying the case is being escalated.  Two days ago, someone there specifically said my case was triaged jus that morning!  And now to top it off, I got an email saying they will now charge me $500 because I never sent my original one back in.  

Sorry this didn't help.

No overseas call centers? what are you racist or something? The Xbone has always had problems. Apparently only this time about 10% of devices have been affected with this disk issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

HoverUp - I keep getting the same email? what do I do? I dropped my package off at FedEx within the two weeks provided to return the defective console and they say they have no record that it is in transit and will be charging my card $499. Im freaking out.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="StuRoids"]

HoverUp - I keep getting the same email? what do I do? I dropped my package off at FedEx within the two weeks provided to return the defective console and they say they have no record that it is in transit and will be charging my card $499. Im freaking out.

[/quote]

I guess I do not understand. You sent it Federal Express - you should have a tracking number. Once it is scanned by the driver then it is in the system and they should be able to pinpoint it anywhere. Have you called Fed EX? If they lost the package then they become responsible for it.

Sorry this didn't help.