Having a major issue/bug

So when i leave my console idle when in a game or just the home screen it will not let me hit a on anything and locks me out of everything, the only way to fix this is to turn off the console by unplugging it completely and turning it back on, i dont know if this has to do with the hard drive but, if so I think has to do with the systems cache and it slows everything down, also we have no clear cache option like on the 360. Also another cause would be that, the console since launch, has had the issue of not being able to dump ram, even after quitting out of the apps and or games. Need help Please. Also im looking for an invite to the console beta previews, if you invite me please add me as a friend so i can thank you properly. :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

Hey Beanzy! I'll be happy to add you and send an invite for the beta! If you have a chance would you send me an Xbox message on the console, as I probably won't have the chance until tomorrow afternoon.

I agree that the cache will cause issues with slowdown, and you're right, there doesn't seem to be a clear cache option, other than full power down. Let me ask 2 things:

1. When you mention unplugging, have you instead tried the hard shut down option? I ask because this is actually supposed to clear the cache, and doesn't have the same potential to cause issues as unplugging can cause. To do this, if you hold down the touch-sensitive power light on the console for 8-10 seconds, the console will fully power down. After about 15 more seconds, the power supply light will go from white to orange, and the cache should now be cleared.

2. When you mention quitting apps and games not clearing out of memory, let me ask, how are you quitting out? When pressing the Nexus (Xbox guide button) on the controller, this takes you back to the dashboard, but leaves the app open (minimized, if you will) for quick app switching. Once you head back to the dashboard, though, if you highlight the recent app or game in the center window and press the Menu (start) button on your controller, you can choose the "Quit" option to fully close the app, which should also free up the associated memory.

Let me know! :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.