Have to mash A to open apps on the xbox one.

Hi, I have been having an issue with opening any games or apps on the home screen. I have to mash A on my controller. I was reading another forum that went un answered and he was also having a issue with is controller drifting downwards. Same thing is happening, he had to exchange his xbox and there is no way that is going to happen, my 30 day warrenty is over I can't do anything. So xbox support please give me a good answer other than power off and unplug your xbox. I was going to go out and buy a new controller tomorrow so please answer in the next 13 hours.  And if i absolutly have to exchange my xbox it better be for free.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

So you've tried leaving your console unplugged for a few minutes to see if it fixes it? Are you only having trouble on the home screen, or is it within games and apps as well? If possible, try navigating with SmartGlass and see if you have the same issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have, and I have the mashing A issue on the home screen and the snap app aswell. In game A works fine, but I have to mash it to launch my game. The controller stick drift happens in game all the time, playing is almost impossiable, I will check this threat tomorrow to see if I should take my xbox to walmart or buy a new controller.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think ill go get a new controller in a few minutes, but I swear microsoft, you better send me something to go to walmart and get a new xbox one at walmart.

Sorry this didn't help.