Have all bars full but my games still lag.

I have a tether setup with my android to connect to XBL using the wireless network adapter and there is a very annoying lag when I play Madden and NBA2K. I tried playing Resident Evil 5 on multiplayer and it didn't lag at all. Is it just sports games where so many people are connected or is it just my connection? 

I tried placing my phone and wireless adapter off the floor and as close as possible but to no avail. Is there anything I can do manually to at least minimize the lagging?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey Standup, if you're experiencing lag in only two games, but not in others, then the issue likely lies with that game's servers. The easiest way to try addressing that issue would be to simplify your connection. Would you be able to do so, either by connecting via wire or connecting directly to the modem?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm wondering if I can somehow bridge my connection using my laptop. For instance, connect my laptop with my tethered droid and wire with an Ethernet cable from the laptop into the back of my Xbox... but would that work considering I have a wireless network adapter?

Again, I don't have a modem or router and I live in an area where thats not possible at the moment to get DSL or high speed internet. I connect online through my Android phone because I rooted it to be able to... my phone basically is my modem and router, but this lag is killing me!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Connecting to live using 3G/4G is less than ideal and you can expect to lag depending on your location and the service in your area

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I figured that before getting it set up but after hearing a lot of success stories I figured it would be worth a try. Still, I'm curious as to why RE5 worked flawlessly and didn't lag at all. It sucks living out in the middle of practically nowhere, we can't get DSL or any high speed connections.

Would the bridge method work a bit better than the wireless adapter? Check it out: androidblog.ca/how-to-tether-your-android-phone-to-connect-to-xbox-live-pcwired

Sorry this didn't help.

Well those two games run on 3rd party servers I believe EA and 2k, I know EA servers tend to get lots of complaints about lag, 2k maybe the same, so it might not be anything to do with your own setup is Res works ok

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmmm... Maybe it's your XBOX 360 because this has happened you should just like disconnect your internet and connect again it worked for me lol sorry for the horrible grammer and formating xD

Sorry this didn't help.