Has my gamer tag been stolen?

I tried signing into my account earlier tonight and it said my account information wasn't valid. I thought this was weird because I had been playing about 9 hours ago without problems. I went to the website to sign in to see what I could find out. It said the password wasn't correct. Suspicious, I reset it and went to login. Now it says my gamer tag is PepperyChart34 and I have no gamer score, no game history, nothing. I have tried to login to GFWL on my pc and it also fails. Is this some sort of mixup or do I have to call in a stolen account? Any fixes or clues are appreciated, thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think you may have a stolen account dude. This morning I logged on and someone hijacked my account to buy points on my credit card then used said points as well as my balance of previous points to buy some PREMIUM GOLD BUNDLE stuff. Like 20 of them. I also FIFA 2012 achievements added to my gamerscore, which was weird as I don't own the game or even like sports sims.

I reset my account immediately and haven't had any trouble again yet with a re-hack. If you do a search for PREMIUM GOLD BUNDLE, you will find more forum links from people in Sept/Oct.

Very scary, and thus far not been able to contact MS to get it sorted. On those previous posts they recommended calling 1-800-4-my-xbox. They say the account is frozen for purchases for 4-6 weeks while they investigate.

Personally I think this is a MS employee doing this. As the charges go through, the points disappear. And NOBODY could possibly get my login details unless MS has been hacked.

Big time FRAUD.

Let's hope we get a reply soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the info. My credit cards are blocked and I don't think they made any purchases, I have 1500 points unused, but that's less important.

My big problem is that I can't log into my account to see what's wrong. It's that my email address is now associated with what I assume is a brand new, randomly generated gamertag and I can't even log back into mine

Sorry this didn't help.

I assume you don't have an xbox? I do so I could use the recover gamertag option to restore it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I do have an xbox. When I went to recover gamertag, my email address and password signed me into this gamertag. Not my correct one.

I don't own FIFA,either, so it wasn't that hack

Sorry this didn't help.

Please make sure your email account used to make your xbox live account isn't affected, your email could've been the source of the issue

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, my email is unaffected. I used it to reset the password to the account

Sorry this didn't help.

I see on the other forums that other have also ad their account regions moved and their profiles changed. You might want to check if you are still in the right region. I just spoke to MS support and my account will be locked down as soon as I call them back with my console ID and serial number. I am at the office so don't have access to it at the moment. They will investigate and likely return the points if fraud can be proved.

Sorry this didn't help.

that's interesting, do you mean that i should check on my xbox for the region? doesn't seem like its the right fix, as my gamertag has been replaced, but maybe its worth looking into

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly that, doesn't hurt to check. But I would call the support number. I had a to use a different one that seemed to be in the UK. The number being: 0800 991 550. Just check to see if its the same for wherever you are mate.

Sorry this didn't help.

just called support and they've confirmed that someone stole my account. luckily no purchases were made and the credit cards are cancelled, my account is locked, and hopefully in 3-6 weeks i'll be able to play my xbox. looks like it wasa good idea for me to pickup a ps3 uncharted bundle yesterday.

thanks for your help.

Sorry this didn't help.