Has anybody played...

... Catherine?  It's a game by Atlus.  It was released in Japan at the turn of the year, and was subsequently released in the US in July, yet there is still no confirmed release date for it in Europe.  I really want to get it.  Any importers on here picked it up?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I watched someone play it for about 2hours and i got bored, its not my type of game

The game is not region free, so unless the person also has a USA or Japanese 360, importing it would be a waste of time.

played the demo.  Thought it was boring!

If you have a PS3 you can import it on that.

Been looking forward to Catherine for quite a while. Following from VideoGamer.com -

Catherine UK release slips into 2012
NewsPosted 14/09/2011 - 12:19pm GMT+1

No reason for the delay given.

The UK release of Catherine, the rather odd looking action puzzle adventure game from Atlus, has been pushed back into 2012, MCV has revealed. No reason for the delay has been given.

The game was set for a European release late this year, but Deep Silver will now launch the game in Q1 2012 for PS3 and Xbox 360.

The game tells the story of Vincent, a man who cheats on his girlfriend Katherine with seductive blonde Catherine. Players must guide Vincent through his nightmarish visions of guilt, making moral decisions along the way.

It all sounds a little mental, but the game has been received well in Japan and the US, earning a Metacritic score of 83.

@ Gullen -  Shame that it was pushed back to Q1 2012.  I was really looking forward to playing it at christmas time.  Seemed like a game I could've got into over the holiday period.  Peace and quiet at christmas time, with only the bitter love triangle of Vincent's romantic dealings to worry about.  Oh well!

You can place a preorder on at Amazon.co.uk but like they mention above the game keeps getting pushed back.

Az

I played the demo. Thought it was okay but nothing special.

Just watched a pretty good video review at gametrailers.com.

www.gametrailers.com/.../717675

Atlus need to get their act together and bring us back some occult-themed SMT games on consoles and less of this dating-sim persona-summoning crap

-

Anyway, content yourself with this video of Catherine's gameplay mechanics being applied IRL [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO0zMYuw3F0]

i have it,the story is good and the anime is very good but the actual gaming aspect is not that good.The puzzles are a real nightmare(excuse the pun),that said i do hope more gamers pick this game when released in europe if only to encourage devs to try something different.

I also hope they release a special edition like the us version in europe,it was a bargain for the content included