Harmony Remote support with Xbox One?

I read that they were working to have it for day one.  But when I set it up through their myharmony.com website it still doesn't work.  It won't turn it on or do anything.  

Is there a setting in the Xbox to enable remote control?  Does anyone else have a harmony remote that works with their Xbox One?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 761 Applies to:

As far as I know, there is nothing in the settings to make it work. My Harmony One remote worked perfectly with my Xbox One when I set it up via the myharmony.com website. My only guess is maybe you have an unsupported (older) remote? Have you tried deleting the activity you associated with the Xbox and recreating it in case something went wrong with the programming?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I used the software on my laptop to update my remote. when I added in the Xbox One  as a new device. I typed in Xbox One and it recognized the device..

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the new Harmony Ultimate and the same thing happens with me.  The soft buttons (i.e. A, B, X, Y) also don't work for me.  Due to the Xbox One only having a 9 foot long cable for the Kinect 2, I don't have my Xbox One in the media closet.  I set the remote to manually only use the remote instead of the blasters and that fixed the soft buttons, but the power on and power off still do not work.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are using an RF remote, on the remote manually go to "Settings: Devices: Hub Assignment" and try setting Xbox One to "Remote Only".  That immediately fixed the soft buttons for me, but then the power wouldn't work until going through a few power cycles on the remote, including turning everything off when in the "Help (not everything turned on)" setup.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an 1100 and it works fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an Ultimate, never realized how limiting MyHarmony.com is until trying to integrate the Xbox One.  Settled on using the Ultimate to control the PVR as before and using voice and the controller for everything else.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay so set my Harmony Ultimate to work with the Xbox One and it does work very well.  I just had to toggle off the ability for the Xbox One to power on/off my TV, receiver, and cable box.  Of course when it comes to DVR control it is a bit limiting, putting the cable box direction arrows on the screen makes it a bit awkward so I find it easier just to bring up the cable box device when using the DVR.

Sorry this didn't help.

As far as I know, there is nothing in the settings to make it work. My Harmony One remote worked perfectly with my Xbox One when I set it up via the myharmony.com website. My only guess is maybe you have an unsupported (older) remote? Have you tried deleting the activity you associated with the Xbox and recreating it in case something went wrong with the programming?

How did you get the Harmony One to work with XB1? I've tried and the old app software isn't  helping to get them to communicate. I might have to go with an XB1 media remote.

Sorry this didn't help.