Hard Drives for Slims

Hey guys, I own a Arcade 60gb HDD Xbox 360.   I'm soon to be buying a Slim.  Probably a 4gb.  I was wondering if it is possible to add an Internal or External HDD.

I've seen on Ebay people have just taken out a 250gb HDD. Or 320gb HDD.   But is there an Official Xbox Slim HDD. I've seen on Ebay that they have a 320gb Media Hard-Drive.  I'm curious to know if that is the Official Hard-Drive. If so, How exactly could I get my hands on one. I live in Australia and haven't came across such Hard-Drives.

Further more, If I buy it off Ebay, Assuming it's from the UK will   This > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=170722535601    work on my Australian Console? And would I be banned for using it?. I can already see the 4gb Hard-Drive won't be enough to install my DLC and Game Saves let alone I like to install my games to my HDD

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

On the 4gb flash drive your not able to install Org Games.

That hard drive will work on your console, it is an Official product.

Hard drives are not region locked, at least not that I have know of many some else could verify that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There are official 250 gb and 320 gb hard drives for the Slim. Usually the ones on ebay are fake drives. They will more than likely work with the console, but are not recommended since they are not official and could cause a ban if they were modified from older Xbox hard drives (forums.xbox.com/.../4558.aspx).

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys,

I had a feeling that would be the case.  The link I posted had the Official Microsoft logo and such. And does look like a legit Microsoft Harddrive. Again my problem is, How would I go about getting one. Australia doesn't seem to have any, Well none that I can see.

These Harddrives. They seem to work as either Internal or External (Mind me, I'm new to these) Would they work for installing games to it?.

Sorry this didn't help.

Only internal can be used for installing games.

Smwutches is correct, rip off and modded hard drives can not be used. If it comes in a Microsoft box with the sticker you will be ok. That is what that Ebay seller is claiming.

For some reason the item is not sold in your area by local shops you can call support and phone order one.

support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="JUAN VAN"]Only internal can be used for installing games.[/quote]Most games can be installed to either the internal HDD or a USB Memory Unit. It's a small subset (typically DLC) that cannot be installed without a HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user="JUAN VAN"]Only internal can be used for installing games.[/quote]Most games can be installed to either the internal HDD or a USB Memory Unit. It's a small subset (typically DLC) that cannot be installed without a HDD.

[/quote]original xbox games (from disc) cannot be installed to an internal (4gb) memory unit on the S console because it doesn't have a certain partition that is required for the update to be installed on. Same goes for buying certain aftermarket hard drives (such as one from amazon.com usually sells for around $50). i bought one and thats what happens, wont install the update to the hard drive :P but i dont play original xbox games from disc anyways so its not a problem for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="d3v1Ld0g1337"]original xbox games (from disc) cannot be installed[/quote]You can stop there. Original XBOX games on disc cannot be installed at all. Doesn't matter if it's a HDD or a USB MU.

Sorry this didn't help.

oh right, my bad...read the post wrong. meant be played on.

Sorry this didn't help.

HELP PLEASE! I am completely new to the xbox world, and got a 4GB Slim about 6 months ago. As it had no hard drive to install games, I went on ebay and bought a 20GB hard drive. I have installed it and using it no problem for the last few months. But, reading through the forums - I have heard that you could get banned if not using the 250GB hard drive. Is there anyway I can tell if my hard drive is ok? If not, if I go buy a 250G hard drive to replace it, will I be ok?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dafish - you should not be using the old 20gb Gen 1 drive in a new Slim console.

forums.xbox.com/.../4558.aspx

Someone had to put it into the case for use, thus opening, thus bann-able offense.

The flash drives I have used when formatted say, they can not be used for installing 360 games due to data transfer speeds. HDD are different in that way then I would guess.

Sorry this didn't help.