hard drive

Can you buy an external hard drive for storeage  of games on xbox one yet and if so which is best

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd like to know this to, I've got 10 games will be 11 today installed, think my hard drive is full

the xbox one will supposedly support any external HDD of upto 2 - 3 TB in size later on when they add external storage support, and you will be able to use that drive like the internal one, but this we have to wait for, it may come in the first update or it may not but it will come.

We've got to wait for MS to update the console to accept USB storage. Nobody knows when this will be, it was promised "soon", but we all know that could be any time.

So does anybody know were you can see how much memory you have remaining on your hard drive.

I've looked and cant find it anywhere ?

or is it another lost feature ?

... it's another lost feature.

A throwback to the original digital plans for X1 (pre DRM turnaround), you wouldn't need to know how much space was there as the cloud would just take of everything magically or something like that.

EDIT: Even now I notice when you un-install something it still stays in your games/apps, but has a "cloud" icon by it.

Oh ok so dose that mean if you uninstall something for your hdd

It remains on the cloud???

Very intresting

[quote user="SirSkunkalot"]

Oh ok so dose that mean if you uninstall something for your hdd

It remains on the cloud???

Very intresting

[/quote]

I believe the save files for that game remain on the cloud.

Ah ok cool cheers dude

I'll have to try clicking on something with the cloud icon and seeing what it does.

EDIT: I'd hazard a guess it's a leftover from MS's original digital vision for the X1, being able to access your library from any console any time.

I'm pretty sure it'd spit the dummy if you tried to access a disc based game from somewhere else via the cloud.

I have 15 games for xbox 1,10 disk 5 dd,ive had them all installed and no probs,dont panic,DDs actually take up more space than disks btw.