HARD DRIVE

Hi can anyone help i just bought a 120GB hard drive off ebay and when i attach it to my sons  console it wont show up and only when i connected it via a transfer cable would it show up but only says that there is 16GB , is there something wrong with hard drive or have i been ripped off.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'll be honest I came into this thread expecting a tirade about why UMvC3 character Sentinal's Hard Drive hyper is OP and a demand that MS fix it. 

As is couple of questions before we move on -

What kind of console is your son's (Slim or "Fat")? If Slim skip the following questions - 

Is the drive an official one? Has it got all the correct markings and holograms that identify it as a proper MS product?

Was it dirt cheap ie well below the RRP?

If it's a slim console your son has then you've been ripped off and should start picking a fight with the seller and cease using the HDD before it does some damage. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would send it back and file a dispute with Ebay.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="UnequaledList8"]Hi can anyone help i just bought a 120GB hard drive off ebay[/quote]It's not a good idea to do this.[quote]and when i attach it to my sons  console it wont show up and only when i connected it via a transfer cable would it show up but only says that there is 16GB ,[/quote]Yeah... that means whoever had it last connected it using a third party transfer cable and formatted it. This destroys the custom partitioning and formatting required for the drive to function over the HDD port.[quote]is there something wrong with hard drive or have i been ripped off.[/quote]Both?

Sorry this didn't help.