Hard drive vs internal memory

Just curious - does anybody have a clue on which has the better access speed? The 250GB slim hard drive or the 4GB internal memory? I got the 4GB Xbox Slim and the 250GB hard drive inside as well? 

Firstly, is the built-in storage considered a solid-state? Is it any faster than the hard drive provided for the slim 360? 

In which storage device will Arcade games load faster on? Faster loading of save files? Faster loading of DLC files? 

I would appreciate a helpful reply for peace of mind. Even though it's a millisecond difference, I care.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The 4GB 360 S has an internal USB Memory Unit. It presumably passes the 360 performance tests, so it should perform fine for game saves and DLC.

Load times will vary as neither the HDD nor the internal flash are consistently the same product across lots.[quote user="Rapulsion"]I would appreciate a helpful reply for peace of mind. Even though it's a millisecond difference, I care[/quote]You shouldn't. There isn't an appreciable difference and it's not like you'll be installing games to the 4GB internal flash space, other than maybe a Traveler's Tale game like Lego Star Wars that can fit within the meager 3.2GB of user accessible space on the 4GB 360 S.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.