hard drive suddenly unformatted.

Hi xbox people,

after shelling out a considerable sum of money for an xbox elite I would like to think the boffins at microsoft could have produced a product that worked if not better than a commodore64 then at least as well as. After using my xbox happily for months (excluding the frustrations of the cretins who hacked modern warfare, ruining it for all who paid theyre hard earned cash wanting to play a fair game) , and saving data, paying-for and downloading content, my harddrive seems to suddenly be unformatted. no profiles found, no games, no music. If i go into the 'storage devices' menu, it tells me there is a storage device, that needs to be formatted, but to do this it will delete everything on it. is there anyway to sort this with out losing, game saves, bought map-packs etc?????????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:

There's no way to fix this other than formatting. You'll be able to download all your DLC again from your account(s) purchase history but I'm afraid your saves in this case are gone for good.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the same thing just happened to me again, i formatted it but it still says unformatted..n now microsoft wants me to pay $100 to look at it and charge me another $100 for the new hard drive

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Floss, how old is your HDD? If it was purchased less than three months ago, it may still be covered under the 90-day accessory warranty.

Sorry this didn't help.

my xbox is doing the same but only intermittently.... is there anyway of saving all my stuff before its all gone?

Sorry this didn't help.